Anti-Wrinkle Muscle Relaxant Injection and Botox
Ageing is accompanied by the appearance of facial wrinkles; these are caused by muscle activity and loss of facial volume. Frowning, raising the eyebrows and squinting are the cause of these lines in the upper face.
Botulinum Toxin Type A is also known as Botox®,Vistabel and Azzalure. It is a muscle relaxant and works by blocking the nervous impulses directed towards the muscles that cause the wrinkles, the muscles are then relaxed which removes or improves wrinkles in the area treated.
- The results are seen within a week of injection
- Results last up to 4 months
- A few injections into facial muscles using a very fine needle
- No local anaesthetic required
Which area can be treated?
- Frown lines
- Brow lift
- Smile lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Gummy smile
- Slim and refine jaw lines (masster reduction )
- excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- calf reduction
- Do not rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours after treatment
- Do not apply make-up for 4 hours following treatment
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin and ibuprofen for 24 hours which can increase the risk of bruising and swelling
- Avoid lying flat or bending down excessively
- Avoid any tiring physical exercise and do not take a sauna the same day
You will undergo a free, no obligation consultation with your practitioner, who is an senior nurse , where all of your concerns and expectations can be discussed. A full medical history will be taken to assess your suitability for the treatment